How To Clean Leather Chaps The Easy Way
Whether you ride horses or motorcycles, leather chaps can be a riding gear staple. This gives you a Wild Wild West look. And that’s pretty cool, right? But one thing that leather chaps users don’t like is that they are not easy to clean. Is that even true? Well, yes, if you are without any idea on how to clean leather chaps.
Drop Your Chaps and Clean them
Using your leather chaps on a regular basis will make them muddy, sweaty, dirty, and smelly. Who wants to wear that gross outfit? Sure you don’t.
But Exposing them to dirt is normal, just like any other outfit that you wear every day. If the cleaning process worries you, worry no more. This article will teach you how to clean leather chaps easily. Discover these easy ways and finally free yourself from those worrying thoughts.
DIY Cleaning Hacks
- Remove any debris. Before washing your leather chaps, be sure that they do not have any debris inside and out. Check pockets and remove dirt particles.
- Pour a stain treatment product in the water in your washing machine.
- Run the water cycle, and set it to delicate mode.
- Drop your leather chaps inside the washing machine.
- Leave it in the cycle for 5-10 minutes. For darker shades, keep it on a delicate setting.
- After the cycle, remove your leather chaps from the washing machine. Rinse thoroughly.
- Don’t forget to unzip before hanging your leather chaps under the heat of the sun. Let dry.
Why You should Clean Your Dirty Leather Chaps
- Health risk – Wearing dirty leather chaps is unhealthy. The dirt, grime, and bad odor that sticks can give you potential health hazards. You can be prone to skin allergies or respiratory illnesses.
- Shortens the apparel’s life span – Not cleaning your leather chaps can make them prone to damage. Dirt can be a damaging element. Since this is an expensive type of outfit, taking care of it can save you money. Simply learn how to clean leather chaps, and you’re good.
- Not cool – Who would love to see a person wearing dirty apparel? If you don’t want to look uncool in people’s eyes, then make sure your leather chaps are clean before wearing them.
Quick Buying Guide
Aside from knowing how to clean leather chaps, knowing how to buy the right one is also important. Sure, there could be a lot of brands out there. But before making your choice, it would help if you do some research. Read comments and feedback from users. Just make sure that you are reading reviews from reliable resources.
Motorcycle riding or horseback riding is a cool stuff that you can try. Don’t hinder yourself from enjoying these activities just because you don’t know how to clean leather chaps.