How To Clean Leather Motorcycle Gloves?
In using motorcycles, you should be able to have the protection you need regardless of where you’re going. Aside from the helmet, one should be able to have their own gloves, which are very important in motorcycling. This is why all motorcycles riders must have these. However, always using your leather motorcycle makes them prone to dirt. To help you with that, here’s a guide on how to clean leather motorcycle gloves.
Cleaning Motorcycle Gloves Guide
To be able to use your leather motorcycle gloves, you must maintain the supple texture of the leather. Since you use them regularly, it is a must to always clean them not just to maintain the texture of the leather but also to avoid the not-so-good smell of sweat and leather combined. The last thing you want for your gloves is the growth of bacteria inside due to sweat and heat. To give you ideas on how to clean leather motorcycle gloves, here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Prepare your materials. Make sure not to use anything that can damage your leather motorcycle gloves. You can always ask a professional with regard what products are safe to use in cleaning leather motorcycle gloves. Here are a few:
- Clean soft cloth
- Special leather cleaner
- Lukewarm water
- In learning how to clean leather motorcycle gloves, you need to understand that using a fabric conditioner on your gloves is not advisable. What you can do instead is just to let your gloves soak for about ten minutes in lukewarm water.
- To clean your leather motorcycle gloves properly and gently, use soft cloth and mild detergent.
- Keep going until your leather motorcycle gloves are clean. Make sure not to overdo the cleaning or you might damage your gloves.
- To avoid deforming your leather motorcycle gloves, you can put them on and clench your fist while cleaning them.
- Squeeze your leather gloves inside a dry cloth. Repeat this until you’re sure that the gloves are already dry.
- Putting your leather motorcycle gloves under direct sunlight or using a hairdryer might damage them. To avoid this, just leave the gloves to air dry.
- To put the gloves back to their original shape, you can put them on again and clench your fist.
- You can put a special leather cleaner to make them shiny again.
- You can also search the Internet on what products to use to cleanse and sanitize leather motorcycle gloves.
Making them Good As New
Many motorcycle riders invest in high-quality leather gloves. For this reason, cleaning leather motorcycle gloves is essential. Make sure to always clean your gloves because most of the time they are exposed to heat and sweat. Too much exposure to sweat can lead to stiffening of the leather, which will eventually make them prone to breakage. Learning how to clean leather motorcycle gloves might help you prolong the life of your gloves. This will make your gloves always good as new.