How To Safely Clean Leather Motorcycle Pants: Tips And Tricks
This article is all about safely cleaning your motorcycle leather clothing. Cleaning is an essential aspect of proper maintenance to keep your leather garments in good shape and condition.
Tips on how to clean leather motorcycle pants can also be applied to your other leather gears, such as gloves, jackets, and vests. Read on to learn more about proper leather care—cleaning, drying, and conditioning.
When you ride, your leather gears are exposed to harsh elements. Without proper care and maintenance, you will notice visible signs of wear and tear sooner than later. Don’t let your investment go to waste.
How regular you clean your leather pants and other gears will depend on how you ride and how often you do it. It also depends on what type of leather your clothing is made. It is best to check the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines to make sure you are safely cleaning your leather clothing.
To get rid of putrid smells, turn your pants inside out and hang them in a well-ventilated area. You may use a fabric freshener cautiously. If your pants have a machine-washable removable interior, simply pull it out and load it in the washer.
Here are essential tips on how to clean leather motorcycle pants:
- Regularly remove dust with a clean, soft cloth, microfiber cloth, or a fine brush.
- Immediately dry off your pants when it gets wet, especially when it gets exposed to rainwater.
- To wipe off fresh stains: dip a soft cloth in a mixture of warm water and dish soap. Wring the cloth. Wipe off stains.
- Test any cleaning solution or method on a hidden spot in pants.
- If you are hesitant to wipe off stubborn stains, it is best to avail of professional cleaning services.
- Do not use bleach to clean your leather goods.
- Do not machine wash your leather jacket and vest.
- Do not directly apply cleaning solutions, polishes, or conditioner on the leather. Always use an applicator, such as a soft rag or cloth.
Drying Out Your Leathers
After cleaning, make sure your pants are totally dry before conditioning them.
- Dry your leather pants naturally. Be patient.
- Do not dry leather with a hairdryer or put it next to a radiator. Stay away from artificial heat.
- Do not iron leather.
- Do not tumble dry your leather jacket or vest.
How Do You Condition Leather Pants?
When your pants are completely dry, it’s time to apply the leather conditioner. Pick a product that will suit the type of leather your pants or other goods are made of. Carefully read the product label for the correct application.
Put a small amount of leather conditioner to a clean rag to start. Gently apply the conditioner on the leather surface by making small, circular motions. You’ll know that you’ve done an excellent job when your leather already feels supple enough.
We have provided you information about how to clean leather motorcycle pants and how to dry and condition them. Don’t wait for cracks and fissures to develop on your gears before devoting time to a maintenance routine. Leather is a durable material, but it still deserves adequate care to last long.