How To Clean A Leather Motorcycle Seat?
You must be fond of getting your motorcycle ready for a great ride. So cleaning your motorcycle must be the bare minimum, right? How about your leather seat? Well, waste no time and keep reading until the end. In this article, we will give you tip-top guidelines on how to clean leather motorcycle seat.
Cleaning Ideas for Your Leather Seat
Just like any other stuff that we own, we must secure our motorcycle in its perfect shape and form. When it is clean and freshly washed, it is so satisfying to flaunt it on the streets. However, you might forget how important it is to also clean your leather motorcycle seat thoroughly and regularly.
Leather motorcycle seat, in particular, is vulnerable to dirt and oil. That is why it is only imperative to keep it tidy. So how to clean leather motorcycle seat? Below are the suggested essential motorcycle cleaning hacks you should not miss.
- Check the ingredients of your cleaning solution. Keep in mind to never use products that are used for plastic.
- Spare a rightful amount of leather cleaner on a sponge. Make sure that you will not be using too much to avoid harmful effects.
- In wiping your leather motorcycle seat, do not use too much force. Instead, wipe it gently in circular motions. Moderate effort will do.
- When drying your leather motorcycle seat, do not air-dry. This will cause your leather to be worn down. Your leather will become more susceptible to hazards and damages. What you can do instead is to use a dry cotton rag or towel in drying it.
- For finishing, apply protection cream in circular motions using a soft cotton cloth. Just keep on doing it until you are satisfied with its shine.
Materials You Must Not Use in Cleaning
The materials you use have a great impact on keeping your leather motorcycle seat safe. You must be very keen on what materials you should use to avoid unwanted harmful effects. How to clean leather motorcycle seat is not only the question we will be answering. We will also provide you with beneficial information in choosing the right cleaning materials.
- Make sure that the products you are using are compatible with leather-based surface.
- Keep in mind that upholstery leather is different from leather jackets, shoes, etc.
- Do not use products that are used for plastics. This might have a different effect. So stick with materials that have components which are only for leather.
- Be sure that your cleaner is free from acetone or alcohol. This might break down the protective coat of the leather, causing damages.
- For a better option, we suggest you use the Indian motorcycle leather seat care kit. It is certainly safe for cleaning your leather motorcycle seat.
There you go! That’s how to clean leather motorcycle seat.
After learning the essential guidelines on how to clean leather motorcycle seat, now you can do so effectively and confidently! Just remember that you must always keep your leather motorcycle seat clean, just like how you tidy up anything else.