How To Cover A Motorcycle Seat With Leather?
Do you find your motorcycle seat out of style? Well, worry no more! We got you an exciting idea on how to upgrade your boring cycle seat into a cool one! Check out this article and learn the essential guidelines on how to cover a motorcycle seat with leather.
Doing a makeover on your motorcycle is exciting, but it’s not as easy as you think. You need to consider the expenses that may reach hundreds of bucks only to set out the extreme change you want.
However, there are also a number of ways you can improve your motorcycle seat without having to shell out a lot of cold cash. Yes, you’ve read that right! Do you want to have a leather motorcycle seat? You can make that possible! You must first know how to cover a motorcycle seat with leather. Keep reading and get the amazing tips on how to reupholster a motorcycle seat in your preferred style.
- You should prepare first all the materials, including:
- Used motorcycle seat
- Old or used leather jacket
- Sticky spray
- Foam mat to replace your hard mat. But if you think your foam mat is still good, then you no longer have to worry about buying another one.
- Prepare the tools you will use for this job, which are:
- Flathead screwdriver
- Staple gun and staples
- After securing your materials, you can now proceed to the first step. Tear down the old seat on your motorcycle. Pull all the staples on your seat, and remove the old seat cover.
- Next, cut out the hard area. Replace it with a foam mat. Use the sticky spray to glue it on the seat. Keep doing it until you have restored the seat’s shape.
- After you have fully replaced your foam mat, the next thing to do is to cover it with leather. Make sure you have pulled the leather tightly.
- Now, staple all the parts of the leather under the seat. Make sure you have stapled it properly to keep it centered as well as to avoid detaching from the plastic seat.
There you go! That’s how to cover a motorcycle seat with leather. Now you can make it easily at home without having to spend much! No need to shop for expensive materials.
Voila! You have transformed your plain motorcycle seat to a cool and eye-catching leather seat.
Finally, you now know how to cover a motorcycle seat with leather. Not impossible to do a makeover on your boring motorcycle seat, right? Plus, items needed are not high-priced. See, with the materials you think should be placed in junk, you have unleashed the creativeness in you! Now, share this amazing DIY with your colleagues, and let them also do the great transformation on their motorcycle seat!