How To Make A Leather Biker Wallet Fun DIY
A leather biker wallet is a classic and useful accessory. Whether you want one for its look or need one to go with your outfit, we will teach you how to make a leather biker wallet that you can be proud to bring along with you.
Step-by-Step DIY Leather Biker Wallet
Leather is a durable material with a classic look. No wonder people prefer leather for so many uses. Leather wallets are usually expensive, so why not learn how to make a leather biker wallet your own way? Here's what you need to do:
Things you need:
- Five to six oz. and one to two square feet of vegetable-tanned leather
- Your choice of leather for the pockets
- Stiff material for templates
- Soft sponge
- Swivel knife
- Stitching groover
- Stitching Awl
- Stitching Wheel
- Bowl of water
- A pointed tool
- Needle and thread
- Various stamps
- Step 1 – Gather the materials you will be using, and make the necessary adjustments for the tools you lack.
- Step 2 – Take a template, and fold it in half.
- Step 3 – Mark and draw one side of the pattern with a pencil, pen, or marker.
- Step 4 – Use your scissors to cut out one side of the pattern.
- Step 5 – Fold it over, trace the pattern on the other side of the template with your cutout, and cut the rest of the design out.
- Step 6 – Use this paper pattern to trace around your piece of leather.
- Step 7 – Cut out pieces for your pockets and tooling leather.
- Step 8 – Use the stitching groover and set it an eighth of an inch.
- Step 9 – Draw a pattern, and carve it into your leather. You can also use a stamp for your design.
- Step 10 – You may also draw your design on paper by drawing around your wallet first.
- Step 11 – Transfer the design on a tracing sheet.
- Step 12 – Case your leather with the sponge and water.
- Step 13 – Tape your leather on a piece of cardboard.
- Step 14 – Tape your tracing sheet on the cased leather, and trace it on your leather with a stylus.
- Step 15 – When the leather turns back to its natural color, you can use your swivel knife to carve the drawing.
- Step 16 – Use your various stamps to add some creative cuts to your design.
- Step 17 – Punch holes on your leather tooling for snaps.
- Step 18 – After you stitch and dye the snap tab, you can screw it to the wallet.
- Step 19 – Glue the liner and pocket to each other, and attach it to the wallet.
- Step 20 – Start stitching them together, and dye the wallet with your preferred color.
NOTE: You can add another piece of leather accessory using similar steps.
Knowing how to make a leather biker wallet means you can own a classic leather wallet in any biker design.
Wallets are essential, but leather biker wallets are both convenient and stylish. Now that you know how to make a leather biker wallet, the opportunities to make more designs are endless.