How To Stretch Motorcycle Leathers A Step-By-Step Guide
Having new motorcycle leathers is exceptional, but wearing them is undeniably uncomfortable. This is the common problem with newly bought motorcycle leathers. They can be too tight on you and can make your movement too rigid. But like any other problem, this, too, has a solution. Wondering how to stretch motorcycle leathers? Read until the end to know how.
Step-by-Step Guide on Stretching Motorcycle Leathers
Motorcycle leathers feel uncomfortable, especially when newly bought. They also tend to shrink whenever you wash them. For this reason, you should be able to know how to stretch motorcycle leathers.
There are different ways of stretching your motorcycle leathers. But be careful in choosing the best method. To help you on how to stretch motorcycle leathers, here’s your step-by-step guide:
- The first step on how to stretch motorcycle leathers is to wash them using fabric conditioner.
- Put an ample amount of fabric conditioner in your washing machine.
- Fill your washing machine with water.
- After filling it with water, you can already put your motorcycle leathers.
- Push the start button.
- Let it wash for 30 minutes.
- After washing, squeeze them gently.
- Stretch your motorcycle leathers by pulling them on both sides.
- Stretch them under the arm area.
- Another way on how to stretch motorcycle leathers is by putting them on while they’re wet. It may be uncomfortable, but it works.
- Stretch your motorcycle leathers by extending your arms forward and backward, upward and sideward.
Tips in Choosing the Right Size
Another way that you can do so that you won’t have problems with your newly bought motorcycle leathers fitting too tight is to buy the right size, of course. And to help you with that, here are useful tips in choosing the right size:
- Make sure to buy the motorcycle leathers that feel comfortable on your shoulders.
- They should also fit comfortably and not too tight on your chest and waist area.
- Choose the smaller size if ever you are in between two sizes. This is because good quality leather tends to expand when used for a long period.
- Keep in mind that the length of the sleeves should be until your wrists.
- The length of the leather motorcycle jacket itself is only until above your belt.
Prevention is Better than Cure
Newly bought motorcycle leathers might give you excitement and happiness, and you don’t want to ruin that just because of breaking in your motorcycle leathers the wrong way. Be careful with the things you do and apply on your precious motorcycle leathers. Remember, prevention is better than cure. So, you better prevent damaging your motorcycle leathers and follow this step-by-step guide on ‘how to stretch motorcycle leathers’ so you can use your newly bought leathers comfortably and make it last a lifetime.