How To Wash Leather Motorcycle Gloves The Right Way
Leather motorcycle gloves need special care. Yes, leather is a durable material. But then again, it can still be damaged by being exposed to too much sunlight and harsh chemicals. You really need to maintain your leather motorcycle gloves. To take good care of them, you need to learn how to wash leather motorcycle gloves the right way. Wondering how? You must read until the end.
Just like you, your leather motorcycle gloves also need to get pampered by cleaning them. But you should not just clean them like any other stuff you own. These leather motorcycle gloves need extra care. You should know how to wash leather motorcycle gloves properly, and here’s your guide.
- As we all know, leather is not compatible with water, so rinsing your leather with water is not a good idea. The first step in learning how to wash leather motorcycle gloves is to put your gloves on a clean, flat, and dry surface.
- You can use oil-based soaps to wipe the dirt and grime. Make sure to use a soft clean cloth.
- Wipe the outer part of your leather motorcycle gloves gently in a circular motion.
- Since you can’t avoid sweating when wearing them, you must also sanitize the inside of your gloves. You may also opt to wear plastic gloves on both of your hands.
- Spray your preferred sanitizer. You can use a helmet sanitizer for this one.
- Wear gloves on one hand and massage thoroughly.
- While the other hand is inside the gloves, use the other on rubbing the outside of the gloves.
- Repeat on the other hand. You can repeat the process until you think the insides are clean and sanitized.
- You can also directly spray the sanitizer inside the gloves. The good thing about using hand sanitizer is that it keeps the insides of your leather motorcycle gloves smelling good.
- You can dry the gloves if you notice that the dirt is already wiped off.
- Leave your gloves to air dry for about an hour. Make sure not to use a hair blower and place your gloves under direct sunlight to avoid any damage to your leather gloves.
Condition after Washing
After learning how to wash leather gloves, make sure to condition them. You can use a leather conditioner to make the gloves look as good as new. It also prolongs your gloves’ life because conditioning them after washing prevents them from having cracks, which will eventually break the supple texture of your leather motorcycle gloves.
Get Your Money’s Worth
It pays to know how to wash leather motorcycle gloves the right way. The good thing about taking good care of things is you can use them for a longer period. By that, you will surely get your money’s worth.